Saturday, April 01, 2006

Behind the Masque - Introduction

Behind the Masque

By


Andrew M. Boylan




Andrew M. Boylan asserts his moral rights to be identified as the author of this work.



Author’s Note:

This Novelette has been written in a certain style, which is meant to invoke half an image, and allow the other half to come from the imagination of the reader – that dark part of the psyche that see monsters in shadows and demons in twilight.

Any resemblance of the characters to any person, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

All songs written, produced and performed by Electric Masquerade.

Author’s Note Addendum:

This is a retype of a manuscript I wrote back in 1990. It was my first real attempt at long prose and, whilst it is very stylistic, looking back on it I believe it reveals certain immaturities in my writing. Now, 16 years later, I hope I am a stronger writer. The manuscript has lain fallow for a very long time and I have decided to resurrect it and create an online home for it – so that others can read it and, I hope, gain something from it. If I did not do this, I would do nothing with it. I have not really changed this from its original, it is a snapshot and it would be unfair on the person I was to change what he created, having left that creation alone for so long.

Please be gentle with its style and content, for it is the child of another age, when I had read far too much of the "Beats".

Andrew M. Boylan April 2006.